One of the main “chip” presented at last week’s flagship smartphone Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus became the new voice assistant Bixby. Samsung has even before the announcement of these devices has announced that over time, the assistant will work on other devices. Independent developers have decided not to waste time and take the process into their own hands. User under the name takerhbk a popular site XDA managed to run Bixby at last year’s Galaxy S7, operating under the control of Android 7.0 Nougat. How to do it – read under the cut.
ALSO READ: How To Bring Back OLD Hike Timeline?
The developer said that for this purpose you can use any unit of the South Korean manufacturer with Android Nougat. So, to start Bixby smartphone Samsung, you will need to do the following:
- Download and install the launcher of the Galaxy S8.
- Download ( mirror ) and install the APK-file Bixby assistant.
- Go to the launcher Galaxy S8.
- Start and activate Bixby.
- Reload unit.
- Make swipe left on the main screen to access the Bixby.
It is possible that Samsung will soon announce the official support Bixby for older smartphones.